Become a Kota Alliance Member or Affiliate Organization!
The Kota Alliance will move into larger space at the Centre for Social Innovation in Chelsea!
( tentative date March 1.)
Join us as an Affiliate or Member organization!
Presently, The Kota Alliance is located at a co-working table at CSI . We have been wanting to expand for some time, and now an opportunity is opening up under the auspices of CSI! CSI has three successful co-working spaces in Toronto, and our experience over the last year with them here in New York has been very positive.
Who should join the Kota Alliance? NGO’s working wholly or in part for gender equality and women’s empowerment, locally or globally, and endorsing the UN Sustainable Development Goals, particularly Goal 5. (see http://www.un.org/sustainabledevelopment/sustainable-development-goals/).
If you need co-working space now, you can apply to become a CSI member AND a Kota Alliance MEMBER. If you don't need space now, but want access to the other benefits offered by the Kota Alliance, join as an AFFILIATE organization (see below).
Benefits of working in the new space, dedicated to women's causes, include:
- support of a like-minded community
- relevant programming
- access to funding opportunities
- networking opportunities
- access to valuable partners
Admission is subject to approval by CSI. More details, including rental rates, will be available soon. Generally, if you join with Kota at a cluster table, the rent is lower than if you get your own hot desk space. Plus it's easier to collaborate and share resources, and more fun!
Joining as a MEMBER OR AFFILIATE of the Kota Alliance will give you additional benefits. For only $20 / year membership fee (per organization) you can take advantage of the following:
* Assistance from interns and volunteers helping out with program execution, event planning, fundraising, social media promotion, graphic design, web design and IT support, etc.
* General liability and Event insurance for your informational/fundraising events if advertised as a Kota Alliance event
* Fiscal sponsorship available at modest cost for startup NGO’s
* Visibility for your organization on our website
* Free forwarding of your events and campaigns to our networks via our newsletters and social media
* Free attendance at Kota Day seminars and workshops and discounted tickets at fundraising and other ticketed events
* First access to become a founding partner (for access to space and services) when our own Center is realized (no binding commitment at this time is expected)
What YOU need to do:
Go to www.kota-alliance.org/ and pay the $20 joining fee. (You can email us additional email addresses).
Give us permission to put you on our email list (if you aren’t already)
Allow us to use your logo and link to your website on our website and other outreach materials (please email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
If you like, reciprocally link our logo and website from your site.
Please let us know at your earliest convenience whether you would like to join us - and feel free to forward this to others you may think are the right fit. We look forward to working together with you all towards our common goals!
Jaana Rehnstrom, Founder and President
917 969 2051
Liz Brown, Managing Director
347 922 3551
The Mission of the Kota World Center for Women in New York City is to equalize the social, political and economic standing of women and men globally by providing the physical and virtual spaces, tools, and services required by non profits working on women’s empowerment.