10 tips to keep in mind while filming:
1. Film horizontal - when editing, horizontal clips go together smoothly.
2. Film both close-ups and medium and long shots - create variation with different shot types.
3. Play with the focus to create a special effect.
4. Keep the same light - try to avoid filming when it’s too dark, and don’t film against the light.
5. Catch smiles and interaction - this always looks better on the camera than passive and serious people.
6. Keep your camera straight and steady.
7. Use the same, good quality camera - this way you get the same quality in your material.
8. Interview people to get content - the interviewee can be either looking at the interviewer, or in some cases also directly in the camera.
9. Mind your language and speak clearly - better to speak too slow than too fast.
10. Minimize the background noise - although you can reduce some of the noise later while editing.