The United Nations High Level Political Forum will be held at the UN Headquarters in New York from Tuesday, 9 July, to Thursday, 18 July 2019 with side events happening around the UN during the week. The theme of the Forum will be "Empowering people and ensuring inclusiveness and equality" and the discussion will center on SDGs 4, 8, 10, 13, 16 &17.
This event hopes to highlight the work done by governments as well as local or international NGOs to improve the lives of migrants. The discussion will emphasize the effects of climate change and political as well as domestic violence as factors contributing to migration. Efforts by host governments and NGOs will be critically examined in the fields of education, health and employment.
The panel will include representatives from the following NGO’s:
- Zonta International: Pamela Morgan
- WithOrWithout: Annika Gordon
- New Women New Yorkers: Arielle Kandel
- Women’s Refugee Commission: Stephanie Johanssen
- CEPAZ (Venezuela): Beatriz Borges
- Women Coalition for Agenda 2030 (Cameroon): Pauline Lambou
The moderator for this event will be Judithe Registre of The Kota Alliance.
Organizers: The Kota Alliance, WithorWithout, Women for Family Inclusion/ Women Coalition for Agenda 2030